About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, June 1, 2018

Pilot Life: Solo Flight Practicing RNAV Approaches in Nephi

It's been a while since I last went flying solo and this evening ended up being one of those flights. I tried to find people to go flying with, but to no avail! I flew down to Nephi from Spanish Fork to practice some RNAV GPS approaches procedures, as the Katana that was flying in today was only capable of GPS, non-precision approaches due to a lack of a glideslope indicator. From the north, I made the RNAV 17 approach, which would end in a missed-approach/go-around due to winds favoring the opposite runway.

It's been exactly a month since I last took up N802CT for a spin!

After putting some miles between me and the airport flying southbound, I turned back around and set myself up for the RNAV 35 approach. Lined up with the runway, I made a touch-and-go landing on Runway 35 and got back in the air again and made a straight-out departure back to Spanish Fork. After setting up in the pattern and landing on Runway 30 in Spanish Fork, I taxied the plane back to the ramp, shut the engine down, and called it a flight.

No comments: