About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Pilot Life: Taking My Sister, Ellen Flying!

This evening, I finally had a chance to take my sister, Ellen on a flight that was long time-coming, as this was the first time she'd get to fly with me since I got my license! After arriving at the airport, I did my pre-flight and walk-around and fueled up before we hopped in the plane. After getting the engine started up I taxied us a short distance to do the run-ups. Once run-ups were complete, I taxied us to Runway 12, where we got airborne.

Took my sister up in N992CT!

I made a right crosswind departure to south and took us towards Payson. Like myself, my sister Ellen has a DSLR camera and she took A LOT of pictures. We flew around the valley, including a few circling laps around the Payson LDS Temple.

Taking a selfie while her brother flies the damn plane!

After screwing around the valley in the south, I decided to take us north so my sister can get a view of Provo from the air. I also climbed until I was above the Class Delta airspace ceiling controlled by Provo Airport. We flew around over the city and my sister got a view of Y Mountain and her Alma Mater, Brigham Young University.

Huh, I think I'm on candid camera!
(Photo credit: Ellen Cash)

After buzzing around over Provo, I took us back to Spanish Fork to conclude the flight. I turned us to the south and once I was clear of Provo's Class Delta airspace boundaries, I descended us over Springville and made the 45 degree entry to left downwind for Runway 12 at pattern altitude. I carefully made the descent to final approach and made a great landing on Runway 12, in spite of some crosswind conditions the AWOS was reporting. After clearing the runway, we took a selfie!

Obligatory selfie after landing!
(Photo credit: My sister, Ellen Cash)

I taxied us back the ramp and concluded the flight after engine shut-down. We had fun as we spent some quality sibling time!

No comments: