About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Gallery Update: A Touch of Florida in Provo

In my continuing pursuit of chasing down Airbus A320s operated by Allegiant Air, Provo got a visit from another one (that I haven't photographed until today!) operating the Phoenix-Mesa route. But this time, the airframe was one sporting a special livery! This is my first time catching one of Allegiant's special promotional liveries! In addition the Airbus, I spotted a few other aircraft during this brief spotting outing.

Provo (PVU) 59

Preview:

Allegiant Air Airbus A320-214 (N228NV) "Visit Florida" special on short final for 13 arriving from Phoenix-Mesa as AAY132. My first shot of a special Allegiant livery and my third Allegiant A320 overall!

Platinum Aviation Diamond DA40 (N321PF) on short final for 13 after shooting the ILS 13 approach. My flight instructor is on the plane! And the plane got the Platinum Aviation logo on the tail now too!

Cessna 525 Citation M2 (N480WB) on short final for 13.

Bombardier CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604 (N770BQ) on short final for 13 arriving from Scottsdale.

N228NV back-taxiing on 13 getting ready to return to Phoenix-Mesa as AAY133. Gotta say though, the "Visit Florida" livery is somewhat out of place here in Provo as Allegiant does not have many offerings to fly to Florida from the western half of the country. The airline does however fly to St. Petersburg/Clearwater International from Phoenix on a seasonal basis.

Prior to acquisition by Allegiant, this airframe has an extensive history serving with several European airlines carrying British and later German registrations. Previously flew for Hamburg Airways as D-AHHD.

Face-to-face as AAY133 making the 180 degree turn to line up on 13.

AAY133 holding position on 13 waiting for slower departed traffic to clear the departure end of the runway. In the background depicts the construction of brand-new hangars for Duncan Aviation.

AAY133 beginning takeoff roll on 13. I got the "Visit Florida" special, now I gotta get Allegiant's "Make A Wish" livery that's on another one of their A320s; but it's still on the east coast as of right now...

No comments: