About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, May 18, 2018

Pilot Life: A Quick Shot at the Provo ILS 13 Approach

I'll be leaving Utah for a few days to spend some much-needed time in Oregon. But before I do, I got in one more quick Instrument training flight in with my instructor this morning, where we shot the ILS 13 approach into Provo.

A quick flight in N968CT!

After the usual pre-flight business plus a minor delay due to engine issues (which required the mechanic to take a quick look at before he cut us loose!), we got in the air. I put on my foggles and called up Salt Lake Approach and requested the practice ILS 13 approach into Provo with vectors for final approach. The request was granted and I was eventually set up on a long final for 13 into Provo. Now I just had to keep my ILS and localizer needles centered on the Instrument panel. I did okay, but I still have room for improvement.

We went missed and headed straight back to Spanish Fork and landed to call it a flight due to the delays we had this morning. My instructor also said I can go out and practice shooting those approaches on my own visually (without the foggles!) in VFR conditions as well, so I plan on doing just that when I get back to Utah after my trip home. But for now, I'll be taking a short break from flying in the meantime...

No comments: