About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Gallery Update: Jets on a Sunday Afternoon in Provo

I thought I would be getting some shots of another one of Allegiant Air's A320s that I haven't photographed yet, but things didn't work out the way intended. The Airbus I was hoping to get in action was apparently taken out of commission and I could only get ground shots of. In addition, I had to settle for a substitute A320 (which I've photographed previously). But I also got to photograph a few other jets, including a Provo-based Gulfstream G550 that I've been after because of it's sweet looking paint job!

Provo (PVU) 60

Preview:

A pretty rare sight in Provo to catch two airframes from Allegiant at once! It's usually on bad weather days or mechanical issues that cause more than one Allegiant plane to be on the ground in Provo at once.

Allegiant Air Airbus A320-214 (N220NV) taxiing for departure as AAY133 to Phoenix-Mesa. Flew in earlier from Phoenix-Mesa as AAY280. This airframe shouldn't have been Provo today, but it had to cover for another A320 that had mechanical problems.

AAY133 departing on 13 for Phoenix-Mesa.

Gulfstream Aerospace G-IV-X G450 (N236FS) departing on 13.

NetJets Cessna 560XL Citation XLS (N576QS) arriving on 13 as EJA576 from Sanderson Field in Shelton, Washington.

Gulstream Aerospace G-V-SP G550 (N528AP) making an intersection departure on 13 from A1 for a quick hop up to Salt Lake City. I've been trying to get a decent photo of this Gulfstream and it's sweet paint job for a while now and I finally got it on a good day!

Allegiant Air Airbus A320-214 (N223NV) parked on the TAC Air ramp. Arrived this morning from Phoenix-Mesa as AAY132 and was scheduled to return as AAY133 until mechanical problems prevented the departure. It was also originally supposed to return to and depart from Provo again in the afternoon for second of two Sunday flights from/to Phoenix as AAY280 and AAY281 respectively until N220NV was called in to substitute for the stricken A320. Not a good day for Allegiant's Provo operations today, not mention a bad day for the passengers on the affected flights.

No comments: