About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Pilot Life: Private Pilot Training Aircraft Montage

In light of earning my Private Pilot Certificate yesterday, it would seem appropriate to take a look back at all the aircraft I've logged time in. Looking at my logbook, I logged 70 flights before earning my license. Here's a photo montage of all the airplanes I logged flight time in towards my Private Pilot Certification (Specific highlights, notable occasions, and milestones on certain aircraft are noted in the captions):

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N957CT) "Wolf 05," the first plane I logged my first flight hour in.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N988CT) "Wolf 18." I flew my very first logged cross-country flight with my instructor in this airframe.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N221NH) "Wolf 04."

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N879CT) "Wolf 08." I flew my very first night cross-country flight to Ogden with an instructor in this airframe; also on that same flight, I flew my very first logged flight into Class Bravo Airspace up in Salt Lake City.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N208NH) "Wolf 02." I flew my first solo cross-country flight from Provo to Richfield and back on this airframe.

Diamond DA-20-C1 (N987CT) "Wolf 12."

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N245NH) "Wolf 01." This airframe would be the last UVU Katana I flew before resuming my flight training down in Spanish Fork with Platinum Aviation.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N980CT) "Wolf 09." This is the airplane I flew my very first solo flight in. Later on in my training, I took this same airplane on my second solo cross country flight from Provo to Richfield and back via Nephi.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N220NH) "Wolf 03." I flew my second solo flight in this airframe.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N974CT) "Wolf 06." I flew my third solo flight into a practice area on this airframe.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N958CT) "Wolf 14." I flew a cross-country from Provo to Richfield and back with my second flight instructor as part of recurrent training in this aircraft.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Evolution (N885CT) "Wolf 11."

Diamond DA-20-C1 Falcon (N390JA) "Wolf 10." I only flew in this airplane once, but it turned out to be my favorite Katana to fly at UVU. I also consider it to be the "black sheep" of the UVU Katana fleet mainly because it's the only DA-20 at the school to have rear windows, which I found to be a neat feature.

Piel CP-301 Emeraude (N5TX), the plane in which I got my first taste of flying a tail-dragger on with my uncle in Idaho while my regular flight training at UVU was stalled the first time.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Katana Eclipse (N992CT), the first airframe I flew when I started flying with Platinum Aviation in Spanish Fork following a second lull in flight training with UVU.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Katana Eclipse (N968CT). I also flew a solo cross-country flight from Spanish Fork to Delta and back on this aircraft.

Diamond DA-20-C1 Katana Eclipse (N802CT). I flew a solo flight in this aircraft after my third flight instructor endorsed me a week into flying with Platinum Aviation. N802CT is also the aircraft I earned my private pilot license in!

I flew and logged time in 17 different airframes and two aircraft types! I think it's time add additional aircraft types into my logbook!

No comments: