About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Pilot Life: A Practice Flight for Fun

So here's the situation: I got started on my checkride last week, but only got through the ground portion of it because we had to iron out some record-keeping issues. So we rescheduled the flight portion for right after the Thanksgiving break, tomorrow in fact! So I took today as an opportunity to take a quick refresher flight in order to be prepared for the checkride tomorrow afternoon. I also did a ground school with my instructor yesterday morning to go over a few things I wasn't comfortable with as well.

Still flying N802CT.

I got to the airport and the airplane I scheduled myself in was missing it's ignition key! So I had to borrow a spare and got the pre-flight and start-up processes done. After starting up the engine, I taxied to the run-up area and got the run-ups done. After verifying the engine gauges were in the green and instruments were in good working order, I taxied to the runway and got airborne. After takeoff, I turned southbound and proceeded to a section of airspace to do my maneuvers. For practice, I performed power-on and power-off stalls, steep turns, a rapid descent, and ground-reference maneuvers which included S-turns across a road and turns around a point. After doing all that, I returned to the airport and did a few landings, practicing short-field and soft-field techniques before calling it a flight.

I plan on finishing my checkride tomorrow.

No comments: