About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Gallery Update: A Little Spotting in St. Anthony

My sister and I are up in eastern Idaho for Thanksgiving break visiting my uncle and his family. This morning, my uncle invited me to go flying with him so I met him at his hangar in St. Anthony. However, he had some business to take care of in Rexburg first, so I ended up hanging out at the St. Anthony Airport for about an hour. Luckily, I brought along my camera and I did a little spotting by my uncle's hangar and photographed a little aircraft activity, including a couple familiar ones!

St. Anthony (U12) 10

Preview:

Cessna A185F Skywagon (N185SF) airborne after departing on 04. The tail number indicates it, but this aircraft is registered to the locally-based Shupe Flying Service.

ATEC v.o.s. 322 Faeta (N1014C) on takeoff roll on 22. I know the pilot/owner of this light sport aircraft through my uncle as well. I was introduced to the world of Light Sport Aircraft (LSA) with a flight on this Faeta nearly a decade ago!

Howard DGA-15P (NC52991) rolling out after landing on 04. This vintage is typically seen on display at the Legacy Flight Museum in Rexburg, Idaho. One look into the cockpit, and I recognize none other than my good acquaintance Todd Therp at the controls!

Without shutting down and a quick stop on the ramp, Todd taxis the "Damn Good Airplane" out for departure!

Back-taxiing on 04 for departure.

Airborne after departing on 04.

No comments: