About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Pilot Life: Saturday Flying

After being mostly bed-ridden this week, I finally felt better today to get some flying in! With my checkride in a few days, I want to squeeze in some reasonable last-minute practice in. It has also been a while since I flew and logged time on a Saturday; since resuming flight training at Spanish Fork, I haven't flown on the weekends. But given that I've been sick most of the week and having been unfit to fly while I was down, flying today to make up for lost time was justified. I did my usual routines and got airborne.

Flew in N802CT today.
(I snapped this picture while I was waiting for this plane to become available. At the controls is my flight instructor and one of his other students!)

After taking off, I remained in the pattern and performed one touch-and-go before heading south to practice some maneuvers in the valley. I headed down towards Payson and started by practicing some turns around a point with the Payson LDS Temple as my ground reference. My sister said she saw me circling the Temple after we met back up! I followed up with S-turns across a road. After doing ground reference maneuvers, I climbed about a thousand feet in altitude for some performance maneuvers. I started with steep turns and I practiced a few of those. I then did a couple of stalls before I turned back towards the airport; my sister was waiting there!

I entered the pattern and performed a few circuits in order practice a few landing techniques, knowing that I can be asked to do any, if not, all of them on the day of the checkride. My sister was already waiting for me when I made my full-stop landing and taxied back to the ramp.

I gotta say though, I forgot how fun (and relaxing!) flying on weekends can be!

No comments: