About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Pilot Life: Pattern Work with Overcast and Crosswinds!

So my checkride is scheduled a week from today; in continued preparation for it, I decided to go up and get a little more practice in. Overcast cloud layers and some crosswinds kept me in the pattern today. Plus, I think I'm getting sick as I've begun to lose my voice (try making radio calls with a groggy throat!).

Flew the pattern inn N992CT today.

My flight instructor, who took a DA-40 Diamond Star up with another student departed ahead of me and informed me via radio that he was getting buffeted winds to the south, so that helped me make up my mind by staying in the pattern today. In the end, I logged a good half hour of flying and made five landings total; I got to practice some more soft-field and short-field takeoffs and landings and made a few touch-and-goes as well as stop-and-goes.

No comments: