About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Pilot Life: Practice Towards Improvement

Hot off the heels of yesterday's successful stage check flight, I set out this morning to practice and improve a few things my stage check examiner pointed out to me and commit myself to getting them done right. After pre-flight, I hopped in the plane and got the engine started. After doing the routine run-ups, I taxied to the runway and took off.

Good ol' N802CT!

I started today's solo flying session by staying in the pattern around Spanish Fork to practice some landings and keeping myself on the runway center-line each time I touched down; this was one of things my stage examiner pointed out to me yesterday and I will admit to agreeing with him. For a while now, I've been more focused on perfecting my landing techniques to the point that I've started neglecting touching down on the center of the runway. So I focused on getting my touchdowns accomplished on the center of the runway and then add the techniques in combination soon after!

After polishing up on my landings, I left the pattern and headed south to practice some maneuvers. I started with stalls and steep turns from a relatively high and safe altitude. I then practiced an emergency descent to get down to a lower altitude to practice all my ground reference maneuvers. After I felt satisfied with my ground reference maneuvers, I headed back to the airport to practice a couple more landings before calling it good.

I feel for the most part, polished up. Now I've got to keep myself sharp until the checkride!

No comments: