About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, November 6, 2017

Pilot Life: Pattern Work with Overcast

After a string of bad weather conditions during the latter half of last week, I managed to get some flying time in (barely!). Conditions weren't as ideal as I hoped, but it was good enough to get in the air and do some quick circuits in the Spanish Fork pattern. As always, I took my time doing the pre-flight stuff before hopping in and getting the engine started. After doing run-ups, I taxied out to the runway and took off.

Flew in N992CT today.

From there, it was multiple rounds in the pattern getting in some short-field, soft-field, and regular takeoffs and landings in, doing touch-and-goes and stop-and-goes as needed. I got in a good half-hour of flying before I was forced to call it quits because precipitation started becoming a factor, which could've led to icing conditions; I started encountering precipitation on my second-to-last lap in the pattern on the departure end of the runway. Two other aircraft from Platinum Aviation (one with my flight instructor on board) were to south maneuvering and they reported seeing precipitation at pattern altitude where they were at; they ended up following me in back to the airport! So in the end, I logged six landings before weather shut me down. But I was satisfied for today, nonetheless.

No comments: