About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, November 3, 2017

Gallery Update: Another Sun Country 737

College football season continues. This afternoon, I saw the BYU football team off on yet another Sun Country Airlines Boeing 737-800 chartered to take them out to Fresno, California for their game against the Fresno State University Bulldogs this coming Saturday. Of course, I had to get photos and I was successful! Here's the link:


Preview:

Utah Valley University Diamond DA-42-NG (N334TS) making a right traffic pattern for 18.

Sun Country Airlines Boeing 737-8K2 (N817SY) "Lake Independence" taking 13 for departure to Fresno Yosemite as SCX8655 with the BYU football team on board. Arrived early this morning as SCX8652 from Lewiston, ID. Airframe first delivered as PH-HZM to Transavia Airlines in April 2001. It was then leased back and forth between Transavia and several other European airlines and one airline in Africa; Air Berlin leased the aircraft in November 2003. KLM leased the aircraft in February 2005. Kulula.com leased the aircraft in December 2007. Sun Country acquired the aircraft under lease starting in November 2011 and has been serving with the Minneapolis-based carrier ever since.

No comments: