About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Pilot Life: My First Flight as a Private Pilot with My First Passenger (Who Also Happens to be My Sister!)!

Today, I took my first official flight since my checkride as a newly-minted private pilot by taking Cloe, my little sister flying with me as my very first passenger! This was one privilege I've looked forward to exercising the most. And just because I've gotten my license doesn't means the flight education stops; I'm hungry for more and I will continue to build time and experience as I strive to pursue additional ratings. At the same time, I will exercise my new privileges by introducing friends and first-timers to the world of General Aviation.

And it would only be fitting that I took N802CT, the same plane I earned my license in for this sibling-quality time flight!

After I conducting pre-flight, we hopped in the plane and taxied it over to the fuel pumps and added fuel. Once fueling was complete and engines re-started, it was time to fly! After doing run-ups and then taxiing to the runway, we got airborne and headed south towards Payson. We circled the Payson LDS Temple twice and then we headed north to Provo; I personally wanted to do some pattern work there after having not been in a while. I got the current ATIS information and then called Tower and received instructions; it was like I always remembered from previous training flights and I executed the pattern work well. We did three touch-and-go landings in Provo before heading back to Spanish Fork.

After the third touch-and-go, Provo Tower approved frequency change and I switched to advisory for Spanish Fork and proceeded to make my approach to landing on the same runway we took off from an hour earlier. Coming from the north, I crossed over the Spanish Fork-Springville Airport at mid-field and made a tear-drop turn back to enter the left-downwind from a 45 degree angle. It was a routine landing process. After touching down and rolling out, I taxied us back to the ramp before shutting down the engine and the flight was complete!

My sister and I had a good time flying together! She had fun time enjoying the views in the valley and it was a big deal to me that she was my very first passenger while I exercised my privileges as a private pilot!

And of course, we had to take a selfie!
(Photo credit goes to my sister!)

No comments: