About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Pilot Life: Taking My Roommate, Josh Flying!

Two separate flights logged in one day! That's a first... After my introductory flight in the Piper Cherokee Cruiser this morning, I came back to the Spanish Fork-Springville Airport in the late-afternoon with Josh, one of my roommates; I said I'd take him flying and I'm fulfilling that promise today! As always, I did my pre-flight inspections, then grabbed the tow tug and pulled the airplane out of the hangar and to the fuel pumps to add some fuel. After fueling was complete, we hopped in and got the engine started. I taxied us a short ways to my usual run-up area and performed the run-up procedure to ensure engine and systems performance was in the green. I then taxied us out to the runway and we got airborne.

I took my roommate flying on N992CT!

I turned us southbound and headed towards Payson, where we circled the LDS Temple a time or two.

View of the Payson LDS Temple from the co-pilot seat.
(Photo credit: My passenger, Josh Ziegner)

We then maneuvered around the area for a little bit before heading up to Provo to do some touch and go landings. As always, I listened in for the weather information before calling up the tower. I entered the usual pattern and logged two touch-and-go landings before heading back to Spanish Fork, where I crossed over midfield before entering in on the downwind and proceeded to do one more touch-and-go there before making full-stop landing!

Utah Lake on base turn for Provo Airport Runway 13. Smooth as glass with an incredible reflection!
(Photo credit: Josh Ziegner)

After making the full-stop landing, the sunlight was about gone and I taxied us over to the maintenance hangar as requested by my flight school's owner because the DA-20 we were flying in was due for it's 100-hour inspection. I did as I was instructed and shut the engine down before calling it a successful flight. It was a smooth flight, some of the smoothest I've had in a long time!

Thanks for being my guinea pig passenger Josh!
(Photo credit: Josh Ziegner)

No comments: