About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, January 25, 2019

Pilot Life: Quick Cross Country to Roseburg

So while I wait for the day of my Instrument checkride, I'm going to start knocking out some requirements for the Commercial Rating and overlap some of my training. I have well-over 250 hours of flight time logged, so all I have are specific flights that I need to do. One thing I need to do is a 250 nautical mile cross-country from one point to another, which I'll probably do in the next day or so weather permitting. So for today's flight, I decided to do a shorter solo cross-country flight down to Roseburg and back as a personal warm-up to get back into the habits and procedures of VFR cross-country flying.

Took N5174E out for a round-robin cross-country!

Nothing's really left me and I haven't forgotten anything important regarding cross-country flying. It was uneventful going down and back. On the way down to Roseburg, I utilized ATC services and picked up VFR Flight Following. As for the return trip following the full-stop and taxi-back, I went without and kept eyes outside the cockpit at all times. It was a good day to fly and a good way to get back into that cross-country mindset. I got back to Albany safely and uneventfully before calling it a day.

No comments: