About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, January 14, 2019

Pilot Life: More Solo Practice Approaches

Another gorgeous day, another great opportunity to go up solo and practice some approaches!

Not to mention putting in the hours on N5174E!

I got airborne after pre-flight, engine start and run-ups. After calling up Cascade Approach, I requested first the ILS 17 approach into Corvallis, which would end with a missed approach. I then followed up with a practice RNAV 17 approach back into Corvallis, again, ending with a missed approach. Not surprisingly, there were a lot of pilots out flying taking advantage of the nice weather, so ATC gave me a few traffic advisories while I was out and about getting the practice I needed.

I was going to shoot the VOR-A approach into Albany, but I decided against it since there were a lot of other aircraft around. ATC eventually cut me loose and I was on my own to get back to Albany. I did a touch-and-go landing followed by a lap in the traffic pattern before I made a full-stop landing. After a quick stop at the fuel pumps to top off my tanks, I taxied the plane back to the hangar, where I put it away and called it another day of flying.

No comments: