About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Gallery Update: A Quaint Little Airpark!

I flew up to a little airfield called Stark's Twin Oaks Airpark, a privately-owned, public-use airport located just south of city limits for Hillsboro to inquire about some multi-engine flight training opportunities after receiving a lead from my flight instructor. The airport is family-owned and operated, which is quite unusual. It is definitely one of more interesting places I've flown to! I went to check out the multi-engine trainer aircraft, but there was at least one other interesting sighting I was glad to photograph!

Stark's Twin Oaks (7S3)

Preview:

Piper PA-23-180 Apache/Seguin Geronimo (N1231P) sitting in a hangar. This airplane is the sole reason why I flew up to Twin Oaks for, to take a look at as a potential multi-engine trainer somewhere down the line.

Cockpit of the Twin Oaks Airpark's Apache. The folks I met were nice enough to let me hop inside to check out the interior!

De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Mk 1 Beaver (N221RT) parked on the grass. My first time seeing and photographing what's perhaps one of the greatest bush planes ever built! And given that this one has floats just goes to show that de Havilland Canada made a truly versatile workhorse of an airplane! Catching a glimpse of this aircraft at Stark's Twin Oaks Airpark is a good example why as a plane-spotter/aviation photographer, you should look in unusual places for the hidden gems you might come across!

No comments: