About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, January 21, 2019

Gallery Update: Mitsubishi Solitaire Sighting in Salem!

I'm excited about this one because I finally got to photograph an aircraft type that I've always wanted to see: the Mitsubishi MU-2! I noticed on FlightAware last night that one was coming into Salem so I decided right there and then that I'll head out to see it arrive.

Salem (SLE) 17

Preview:

Mitsubishi MU-2B-40 Solitaire (N66FF) taxiing in after arriving from Denver-Centennial. I've always wanted to see one of these! The Solitaire is considered to be the ultimate model of the short-fuselage variant of the MU-2 family, featuring improved engines and increased fuel capacity; 57 Solitaires were built between 1979 and 1985. Because I'm half-Japanese and biased as such, I think the Mitsubishi MU-2 is one of the coolest twin-engine turboprops out there!

Cessna 525 CitationJet CJ1 (N77DB) parked on the ramp. Arrived earlier this morning from Salinas, California and scheduled to return there later in the afternoon.

No comments: