About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Pilot Life: First Flight of 2018!

It's been a little over three weeks since I last flew. I didn't fly at while I was home for the holidays due to lousy weather in Oregon (which sucked, by the way!). So today was my very first flight for the year 2018 and believe me, after what I went through last year, I intend to fly the hell out of this year as I work towards my Instrument and Commercial Ratings! It's the first week of the new semester and weather has not been working in my favor since getting back to Utah, but I finally caught a break today and got some flying in. Since I haven't flown in a while, I decided to go solo today and get a little self-refresher flight in to evaluate myself. Everything went smooth for me today.

First flight back was on N992CT!

After doing the pre-flight, engine-start, and run-ups, I taxied to Runway 30 and got airborne. I decided to depart the area southbound and headed to Nephi and practice some landings there! It's been a while since I landed at Nephi, so it was a good change of location after returning to Provo often all last month during my local flights. As always, I tuned into the Nephi AWOS to get the weather and wind conditions and made my radio calls. Once I entered the left traffic pattern for Runway 17, everything was like clockwork. I did two touch-and-go landings and one stop-and-go landing at Nephi before high-tailing back to Spanish Fork. One thing's for sure: Nephi is a lot more rural and open compared to the places I'm used to!

I made my way back to Spanish Fork, where I did one more touch-and-go landing followed by a circuit in the pattern, where I did a full-stop landing. I taxied off the runway and taxied back to the ramp and called it a successful flight. It's good to be back on the saddle!

No comments: