About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Gallery Update: General Aviation Traffic at Spanish Fork

My flight got cancelled today due to ongoing maintenance with the Piper Cherokee I've been wanting to fly more. Hopefully, I can fly the Cherokee this weekend. In lieu of flying, I hung around the Spanish Fork-Springville Airport and got a chance to hang out with the instructors during some down-time they had and I even got a little planespotting in from a park bench just inside airport grounds. I got some interesting sightings on this impromptu spotting trip in addition to an aircraft that piqued my interest.

Spanish Fork-Springville (SPK) 10

Preview:

Cessna 150G Commuter (N3699J) doing some taxi tests after what looks to be a tear-down/restoration.

Airgyro Tercel (N557AT) on short final for 30 doing a touch-and-go.

Platinum Aviation Diamond DA-20-C1 Katana Eclipse (N968CT) on short final for 30 for a touch-and-go.

Mountain Star Air Care Eurocopter AS350 B3 Ã‰cureuil (N862MB) on arriving over the taxiway towards a helipad.

Cessna 170B (N170SB) on short final for 30.

Beechcraft B300 Super King Air 350i (N154KF) departing on 30.

United States Air Force Fairchild SA-227DC RC-26B Metro 23 (94-0261) parked on the ramp. I was quite surprised to see a Metroliner here at Spanish Fork, let alone a military version! Note the equipment mounted on the belly of the aircraft just behind the nose gear. The RC-26B is C-26B modified with electronic surveillance equipment primarily for drug interdiction missions. The RC-26B was originally configured with a belly pod containing a sensor turret and a data recorder, but now the pods have been removed and a lone sensor turret is not equipped. The Air Force currently operates 11 RC-26Bs jointly with the Air National Guard. This particular airframe used to wear a dark grey military livery with military markings, but now has a more civilian appearance.

Cessna 172P Skyhawk II (N52877) on short final for 30 while doing pattern work.

Aeronca 11CC Super Chief (NC4105E) doing run-ups prior to departure on 30.

Cessna 150M Commuter II (N3715V) on short final for 30.

Beechcraft V35A Bonanza (N7516N) on short final for 30 while doing pattern work.

No comments: