About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Gallery Update: Some Spotting Before Going Flying

My first spotting outing for the year 2018 comes out of Provo AND Spanish Fork. I was scheduled to go do some flying this afternoon. Before I did though, I headed to my usual spotting location on the dike road at Provo Airport because I saw on FlightAware that an Alpine Air Express Beech 1900 was inbound (and it ended up being one I haven't photographed until today!). After I got what I was after at Provo, I headed down to Spanish Fork to get some flying in. While I was at it, I took a few random shots where I could. Here are some links:

Provo (PVU) 50

Spanish Fork-Springville (SPK) 8

Note that the Spanish Fork-Springville Airport identifier is now KSPK/SPK due to some major upgrades made to the airport.

Preview:

Provo

Alpine Air Express Beechcraft 1900C (N125BA) on short final for 13 operating as AIP150 from Idaho Falls.

First delivered to Ryan Air Service in 1984 before going to Mohawk Airlines for passenger service. Airframe then went to Sundance Air for cargo operations in Caribbean before acquisition by Alpine Air. 

Colemill Panther (N191TA), a re-engined Piper PA-31-310 Navajo taking 13 for departure to Denver-Centennial. Distinguishable with its four-blade "Q-Tip" propellers and optional winglets. 

Ain't that a familiar sight! Platinum Aviation Diamond DA-20-C1 Katana Eclipse (N802CT) on short-final for 13 doing some pattern work. My flight instructor flying with one of his students!

Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI)/Gulfstream G150 (N150KM) beginning takeoff roll on 13 for a VFR flight southbound. This is like the third time I've seen this jet!

Spanish Fork

Platinum Aviation Diamond DA-40 Diamond Star (N566DS) parked on the ramp. I plan on logging time in the Diamond Star and get some experience working with the Garmin G1000 glass cockpit it's equipped with very soon!

Platinum Aviation Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee Cruiser (N7625F) parked on the ramp after I finished flying it today. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

N150KM is based at PVU. maybe that's why you keep seeing it??