About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, May 19, 2017

Pilot Life: Review Flight (Round Three!) Doing Pattern Work

It has been a busy week; I have been meeting with my flight instructor every day this week in an effort to get things finished up in private pilot training. We flew this past Monday, Wednesday and again today while we did some ground instruction on Tuesday and Thursday. Today, we were supposed to fly out to a practice area to do some more maneuvers but all the practice areas were taken. My instructor then decided that we should stay in the pattern so I could practice some landings since we haven't been done any recently (when I think about it, it's sound reasoning!). That also meant a shorter flight today and I was okay with that.

N974CT "Wolf 06," the DA-20 my instructor and I took up for a few rounds in the pattern. Last time I flew this Katana, it was on my third solo flight back in November!

After the usual pre-flight/pre-departure procedures, we got airborne and flew the traffic pattern. We got four laps in the pattern in before we had to call it quits. In that time, we got in the usual landing techniques, slips-to-landing, and even a go-around. Short flight, but it was good to get some landing practice in.

No comments: