About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Pilot Life: Review Flight (Round One!)

After two successful solo cross-country flights last week, my instructor re-joined me in the airplane on today's flight. It is finally getting down to the wire as we quickly approach the end-of-course and eventual checkride; I'm hoping that by the end of this month, I'll be licensed pilot! In the meantime, training continues in order to polish up and improve upon skills that are lacking. Today's flight kicked off a series of reviews that my flight instructor had me go through, all relevant to the end-of-course stage check as well the eventual checkride.

N220NH, "Wolf 03," the Katana we took up today.

We eventually got airborne after being delayed by one of Allegiant Air's Airbus A319s that was supposed to depart ahead of us, but had engine troubles during push-back (they eventually got pulled back to the gate!).

Had to wait for an Allegiant Airbus; THIS exact Airbus!

After we did get airborne, we headed out to the practice areas and got on with Salt Lake Approach. From there, my instructor had me do all the performance maneuvers we've practiced many times, some of which required me to go under the hood for. After working in the practice areas, we came back to Provo and practiced some landings before concluding what turned out to be an hour and a half of flying. Here's hoping I'll be confident enough at the end of all this...

No comments: