About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, May 22, 2017

Pilot Life: Review Flight (Round Four!)

Things are finally getting down to the wire. Today, my instructor and I took to the skies once more to get everything I've been seeking improvement on and needless to say, we got things done in today's flight lesson. After I got dispatched out, I headed out to the plane and did my pre-flight; my instructor met me at the plane as well.

N220NH, "Wolf 03," the Katana we took up today.

After the usual pre-flight/before-takeoff business, we got airborne and proceeded out to the practice areas with radar service provided as usual with Salt Lake Approach in adherence with UVU's standard operating procedures. As per the usual checkride/end-of-course preparations are concerned, we practiced everything I was taught previously and tried to polish up any mistakes or deficiencies my instructor felt that we needed to address.

After the usual maneuvers we returned to Provo Airport, where we got some laps in the traffic pattern as well as some landing practice in before calling it. According to my instructor, we have one more flight planned this week before I do my stage check. I hope I can knock all this out of the park soon because the semester ended earlier this month and I wasn't planning on being held up this long (Yes, my feelings about how UVU got me into this situation is still mixed...)!

No comments: