About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Gallery Update: Chasing Jets at Provo!

I took my last final exam (which was optional for extra credit!) earlier this afternoon and as far as classes for the semester are concerned, I'm done! Now, the only focus I have right now is to finish up flight training. I noticed on FlightAware that Flight Options was sending in one of their Embraer E-135s into Provo today so I thought I'd go chase it down. Since I had time and I was done with classes for the semester, I felt it would be great to get some fresh air and enjoy the beautiful weather today! I went spotting from the dike road again and I completely lucked out in photographing a handful of jets! I mainly went after the Embraer, but the traffic pattern got busy to the point that several aircraft I wasn't expecting to see started coming in so I ended up spotting for a lot longer than I originally anticipated.

As always, watching airport operations from outside an airplane serves to be a great inspiration to me as it reminds me why I got into flying in the first place. Here's the link:

Provo (PVU) 32

Preview:

Piper PA-32R-301T Saratoga SP (N8292G) on short final for 13 arriving from Rexburg, Idaho.

Cessna 150M Commuter II (N3715V) on short final for 13 working the pattern.

Cessna 525C Citation CJ4 (N460RG) on short final for 13.

Flight Options Embraer EMB-135BJ Legacy 600 (N908FL) operating as OPT908 executing a missed-approach for 13 after a flight from San Jose, California.

Cessna 172S Skyhawk SP (N6869T) on short final for 13.

Cessna 150D (N4442U) on short final for 13.

OPT908 executing a second missed-approach for 13.

Allegiant Air Airbus A319-112 (N324NV) holding short of 13. Departing as AAY133 for Phoenix-Mesa.

OPT908 executing a low-approach prior to entering the pattern for a full-stop landing.

Cirrus SR22 (N535RT) on short final for 13.

OPT908 on short final for 13, this time actually landing. After vacating the runway, the flight taxied all the way back to 13, received its short-range IFR clearance and departed for Salt Lake City.

Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI)/Gulfstream G150 (N150KM) on short final for 13. On it's final approach, this jet had to weave back and forth in order to create sufficient spacing between it and the Flight Options Embraer that landed prior!

Cirrus SR22T (N435JA) on short final for 13.

Cessna 650 Citation III (N702SS) taking 13 for departure.

OPT908 taking 13 on departure for Salt Lake City.

No comments: