About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Gallery Update: Some Exciting & Unusual Sightings in Salem

I went flying again today. And as typical, I made sure to have my camera with me. What wasn't typical about today's quick spotting opportunities here in Salem, and there were quite a few unique and worthwhile sightings, including my first warbird sighting of the year. I'll let the photos to the talking:


Preview:

ATP Flight School Cessna 172S Skyhawk SP (N9223C) departing on 34.

North American AT-6G Texan (N92761) airborne off 34 for the short up to Aurora. First bit of warbird action for the year!

Owned and flown by James Shotwell and available for joyrides through S & W Aviation's Warbirds Over Oregon.

This Texan airframe has a rather extensive history detailed on Warbirds Over Oregon's website.

Cessna 172E Skyhawk (N5366T) parking by the fuel pumps.

Beechcraft E90 King Air (N54PT) departing on 34.

Cessna 650 Citation III (N30AF) parked on the ramp. Arrived earlier this morning from Reno/Tahoe.

Quest Kodiak 100 (N426BC) taxiing for departure. Haven't seen a Kodiak in a while and I dig the olive drab paintjob with the shark mouth! It's a Kodiak trying to be a warbird!

N426BC departing on 34 to beat up the pattern and then for a quick jaunt to do maneuvers.

N426BC arriving back on 34.

N426BC taxiing back to its hangar.

N30AF taxiing for departure back to Reno/Tahoe.

N30AF beginning takeoff roll on 34 only to abort takeoff, so not sure exactly what occurred.

Eventually, N30AF departed for Reno/Tahoe on 31 instead.

No comments: