About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, October 1, 2018

Pilot Life: Quick Laps in the Albany Traffic Pattern

After the nice weather from the typical late-September Indian summer we had all last week, this week is starting to look like a stark contrast. Despite that though, I managed to get in the air for a short flight for a couple laps in the traffic pattern on the first day of October; with the weather being on the iffy side, I wanted to stay close just in case.

A quick flight in N5174E.

After the pre-flight and before-takeoff procedures, I got airborne and did two laps in the pattern on left-closed traffic circuit for Runway 34. I got in two greased landings before calling it quits; I was hoping that there would be some crosswind elements to make things a bit more challenging, but that wasn't the case.

After taxiing back to my uncle's hangar and shutting down the engine, I put the airplane back and then spent a little extra time doing a little exterior cleaning and wiped the bugs off the windshield and leading-edges of the wings before heading home. Here's hoping for some good weather flying days ahead...

No comments: