About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Pilot Life: Getting Back to Night Currency

Well, despite the setback I experienced on Thursday, I can still stay productive with my flying if I wanted to. The avionics problem is a work-in-progress thanks to my uncle with some arrangements made with one of the technicians who worked on the plane. After lousy weather all day yesterday and most of today kept me on the ground, I got a little break this evening and decided to go shoot some night landings to a full-stop to get night current again. Actually, my night currency was still good before this flight, but it would expire in a few days anyways so I decided to get it out of the way in order to cap off a rather lackluster week of flying!

My first solo night flight in N5174E!

After the usual pre-flight business and before-takeoff procedures, I got up in the air using Albany's Runway 34. Winds were calm and the air was smooth making tonight's little flight in the traffic pattern a cinch! I greased my three landings to a full-stop successfully, and uneventfully; since the runway was short to begin with, I made full-stop landings and cleared the runway each time before taxiing back and getting airborne on each run. I was sure as hell not going to take a chance on doing any stop-and-go's with a 3,000 foot long runway! Night vision wasn't too much of a problem either.

After making my third full-stop landing of the night, I taxied the plane back to the hangar, where I shut the engine down and put the airplane away. Now, I won't have to worry about my night currency again for another 90 days!

Back in the hangar for the night!

No comments: