About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Gallery Update: Canadian Visitor in Albany!

After doing another flight today, I had to check out a visiting aircraft that's stopped in at Albany while I was refueling my airplane (because the visitor was Canadian-registered, German designed!)!

Albany (S12) 8

Preview:

Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm - MBB (Canada) Bo 105LS A3 (C-GCFT) parked on the ramp after arrival from Abbotsford, British Columbia via Bellingham, Washington. This German-designed helicopter was en route to Redding, California. Never expected to catch something that has the Messerschmitt name attached to it! The Bo 105 holds the distinction of being the first light twin-engine helicopter in the world, and is the first rotorcraft that could perform aerobatic maneuvers, such as inverted loops. This particular airframe was manufactured by MBB at their facilities in Canada, as the type had significant export sales. MBB as a manufacturer would eventually become a part of Eurocopter in 1991 and Bo 105 would eventually replaced by their EC135, which was itself a development of the Bo 105. This airframe is currently registered with Transport Canada, and previously was jointly-operated by the Canadian Coast Guard and Fisheries and Oceans Canada.

No comments: