About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, September 21, 2018

Pilot Life: Taking My Friend, Daniel Flying!

Now that the plane was back in Albany, we can start flying consistently again. I can also start taking up friends again as well! And this morning, I got to do just that with my good friend of six years, Dan! After making the drive over to the hangar, I did my pre-flight and walk around before pulling the airplane out and hopping in.

Another flight with a first-time GA passenger in N5174E!

Engine started up no problem. I then synced my iPad and ForeFlight with the new transponder. Afterwards, I taxied us out the run-up pad by Runway 34 and proceeded with the engine run-ups and checks. Everything was in the green so we were ready to go. But first, we took a selfie:

Selfie before takeoff!
(Photo credit: Daniel Clark, my good friend!)

I taxied us onto Runway 34 and we got airborne. After getting above pattern altitude, I pointed us to the northwest and headed up to McMinnville; my passenger on his first-ever flight in a General Aviation airplane enjoyed the views all the way! After picking up McMinnville's weather via the AWOS frequency, I descended down to pattern altitude and entered the left downwind for Runway 22, which would end with a smooth touch-and-go landing. After getting airborne again, I took us up to 4,000 feet and plotted a course for Corvallis.

I decided to shoot the practice RNAV 17 approach in visual conditions. After a quick brief of the approach plate, I entered the approach into the Garmin GPS and proceeded with the approach, which went off without a hitch. The approach ended with another smooth touch-and-go landing. Once airborne, I took us back to Albany. I approached by making an extended left-base for Runway 34 and made another smooth, uneventful landing. I taxied back to the hangar, where I shut the engine down. After putting the airplane away, we went to get some lunch and called it fun outing!

No comments: