About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Gallery Update: Allegiant Begins Provo/San Diego Service & an Allegiant A320 Sighting

It's pretty uncommon that I get two blog posts on here in a single day! Following my flight earlier this afternoon I went out for a quick, late lunch before I had to return to the airport for ground school. While I was out for lunch, I got a notification from FlightAware.com about an incoming Airbus A320 operated by Allegiant Air for a charter flight carrying the University of Toledo Rockets football team; they play against BYU tomorrow night right here in Provo. Football games usually occur on Saturdays but because this coming weekend is the first weekend of October, that means it's LDS General Conference weekend this week with broadcasts from Salt Lake City, hence a Friday night home football game for BYU, the most LDS school you'll ever know! Having never seen an Allegiant A320 due to the fact that their A320 fleet seems to be consolidated primarily to the east coast and midwest, I just knew that I couldn't pass up this opportunity!

Speaking of Allegiant, today the airline kicked off a new route out Provo with twice-weekly flights to San Diego (flying on Thursdays and Sundays for this route) and I also happened to photograph the arriving flight. This makes this three California destinations travelers can get to out of Provo and fourth overall (I'm a little surprised that there are no flights to Las Vegas via Allegiant out of Provo yet!). Here's the link:

Provo (PVU) 13

Preview:

Allegiant Air Airbus A319-111 (N303NV) taxiing to the terminal after arrival as AAY1007, the inaugural arrival from San Diego. Airframe formerly registered as G-EZET and in service with EasyJet under lease from GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS). In order to make efficient use aircraft, Allegiant rotated this airframe around between Oakland, Provo, and San Diego; N303NV started the day as AAY1004 from Oakland to Provo, then departing as the inaugural flight to San Diego as AAY1006, followed by a return flight to Provo as AAY1007, and then finally returning to Oakland as AAY1005. Long day for the aircraft and flight crew!

Allegiant Air Airbus A320-214 (N225NV) arriving on 13 as AAY4604 from Toledo, OH with the Toledo University Rockets football team on board. Airframe started it's life as RP-C3221 in 1997 with Philippine Airlines before being transferred in 2013 to it's low-cost subsidiary PAL Express. Allegiant acquired this airframe in 2015.

AAY4604 taxiing to the terminal. The differences in length between the A319 and A320 is quite obvious! After seeing so many A319s in this airline livery here in Provo, it's kind of nice to see something new. Also as of this date, I have seen at least one example of every aircraft type currently in operation by Allegiant Air!

No comments: