About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Gallery Update: Reno-Bound, Beckwourth Stopover

It's mid-September and that means it's time for a trip to Reno, NV for the National Championship Air Races! I went by myself this year and once again, drove. On the way down to Reno, I had to take a quick detour and headed towards Beckwourth, CA, a small town in the middle of no-where near the California-Nevada border just outside of Reno. For the sake of convenience of NOT having to drive through Reno and go to Carson City like we usually do, my uncle flew in with his group in his Mooney M20 into Beckwourth's Nervino Airport; I found out about Nervino Airport about seven years ago when my Dad and I first drove from Salem to Reno back in 2008 and saw it as a convenient place to meet up and then drive to Reno together. That's exactly what I did this year; I went to Beckwourth to pick up my uncle. Because this was going to be a very short trip due to work schedules and for the sake of my convenience, Beckwourth was the best option for us. And of course, given this opportunity, I did a little planespotting while I waited for my uncle to arrive!

Beckwourth-Nervino (O02) 2

Preview:

Breitling Extra EA-300L (N311EX) taking off to go do some aerobatics. At the controls is Breitling aerobatics pilot David Martin, who's performing at the air races this year. So this is where he retreats to when he's not performing!

Practicing getting some more prop blur as David Martin brought back his Extra EA-300L back in for a landing.

Speaking of landing, here's my uncle in his Mooney M20F Executive (N9716M)!

I STILL think his plane could use refreshed paint-job!

Especially here in this part of California. His plane kind of camouflages with the scrub lands... 

Clearing the active

Taxiing towards me! Doesn't happen often but there's an exception to be made, especially when a close relative is at the controls!

Pipistrel Sinus (N6717P) parked on the ramp. The Sinus is classified as an ultralight. motor glider. This is definitely one of the more unusual sightings of the day.

No comments: