About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Gallery Update: Shots from Mulino

With my regular Sunday routine(s) still suspended, I decided to go flying for myself. Plus, I haven't been feeling the desire to participate in what online Sunday activities there are going on lately, as I've been taking a step back from all current and possible future church functions for the time being.

I decided to fly up to Mulino State Airport near Portland today because I never been there before and I heard the skydiving company based there, PNW Skydiving recently acquired an aircraft I've never seen before until today: the Pacific Aerospace PAC P-750 XSTOL, a New Zealand-built utility aircraft that's often popular (not to mention purpose-built!) for skydiving. And suffice it to say, I was not disappointed with the time I spent at Mulino! After getting back to Salem, I took a few more quick shots there, where I got to see and photograph the 1,000th SCOCATA TB Trinidad ever built.

Mulino (4S9) 1

Salem (SLE) 46

Preview:

Cessna 195A Businessliner (N1071D) parked on the ramp.

Piper PA-32R-300 Cherokee Lance (N5602V) arriving on 32 from McMinnville.

Cessna 140 (NC2404V) "Arctic Tern" parked on the ramp.

Pacific Aerospace 750XL P-750XSTOL (N902ST) arriving on 32 after taking up a group of skydivers.

N902ST taxiing back out with another group skydivers, as is the case in the skydiving business.

N902ST airborne off 32, demonstrating that the P-750 is truly an XSTOL aircraft!

Titan Tornado (N2614C) parked in the grass.

SkyStar Aircraft Kitfox Series 5 Outback (N456JT) parked on the ramp.

Cessna 172 (N6000A) parked on the ramp. Another vintage 1956 original!

Cessna 150G (N551CT) parked on the ramp.

SOCATA TB-21 Trinidad TC (N21XL) parked in front of the hangar after a local flight around Salem. This is the 1,000th SOCATA Trinidad to be built, hence the "Trinidad 1000" decal on the vertical stabilizer.

No comments: