About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Gallery Update: Citation X Sighting in Salem

I noticed on FlightAware that a Cessna Citation X flew into Salem today, and the operator was Gama Aviation, doing business as Wheels Up Aviation, a private membership-based, on-demand charter company. When they were first founded, Wheels Up operated a fleet of Beechcraft King Air 350i turboprops and Cessna Citation Excel/XLS jets. In 2018, Wheels Up added the Cessna Citation X to their fleet, allowing them to operate coast-to-coast flights in the U.S. Having already seen one of their standard King Airs and a Citation Excel, I knew I had to chase down Wheels Up Aviation's Citation Xs, still one of the fastest civil aircraft.

Salem (SLE) 44

Preview:

Gama Aviation (d/b/a Wheels Up) Cessna 750 Citation X (N902UP) parked on the ramp. My first time seeing a Citation X in the Wheels Up livery! Arrived this morning as GMA902 from Heber City, Utah.

Formerly N941QS with NetJets. I'll need to keep an eye out for Wheels Up's King Airs that are painted in different colors signifying their support for different causes!

No comments: