About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, June 26, 2020

Gallery Update: My First Major Photography Commission!

The board members of the flight club I'm currently a part of, the Valley Flyers, asked if I could take some photos in order to update their website; they were requesting that I take photos of the interior (mainly the instrument panels) because the ones they currently have are out-of-date as well as some exterior profile shots. Of course, I was happy to oblige! I spent an evening last weekend, as well as this past Monday and briefly this evening getting the shots I needed; all this was done working around people in the club reserving the planes as they became available for me when not in use. For the most part, it looks like I was able to take advantage of the opportunities as they presented themselves.

This request was a big deal to me because it is my first major commission as an aviation photographer.

Salem (SLE) 46

Salem (SLE) 47

Salem (SLE) 48

Preview:

Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee Cruiser (N1636H), the plane I've been flying a lot lately.

A look at all three Cessna 172 Skyhawks (N515ED in the foreground, N5174E in the middle, and N12382 in the back) the club now has!

Cessna 182M Skylane (N70574). I finally had a chance to get full-shot of the Skylane (which I'm still not checked out in to fly, yet!) outside of its hangar!

While I don't intend to showcase EVERY photo I took for the club on here, this gives a good idea of the lengths I went to in order to get the shots I needed. I appreciate the board members of the Valley Flyers for giving me this opportunity to work with them as well as for the membership I have as a club member!

No comments: