About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Gallery Update: Ramp Shots from Salem

After getting back from a local flight (where I logged my 100th hour flying in the Piper Cherokee!), I got in a little spotting from the ramp after refueling the plane I flew. I actually had to wait at the fuel pumps because a corporate jet was leaving the ramp area for departure and I did not want to taxi behind it's jet blast! The jet I waited on was one of Costco Wholesale Corporation's Gulfstream G280s, one of several aircraft they're known to have in their corporate fleet. I also had a chance to see a pretty uncommon French single-engine airplane I noticed on the ramp and got a few pictures of it as well. It was a beautiful June day and I was glad for the photography opportunities!

Salem (SLE) 43

Preview:

Gulfstream Aerospace G280 (N82CW) taxiing for departure. Registered to everyone's favorite bulk warehouse club, Costco Wholesale!

N82CW departing on 34.

Sud Aviation Gardan GY-80-180 Horizon (N9829Y) parked on the ramp. Currently registered to Salem Air Center, the main FBO at the airport. My first time seeing this French design!

The GY-80 is a four-seat touring monoplane designed by Yves Gardan in the 1960s and built under licence, first by Sud Aviation, and later by it's subsidiary SOCATA.

A total of 267 GY-80 airframes were built, making it a somewhat uncommon sight. The GY-80 would later be improved and developed into the SOCATA ST-10 Diplomate in the 1970s, originally marketed as the Super Horizon 200; only 56 of the type would be built.

No comments: