About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, March 11, 2019

Pilot Life: Solo Pattern Work Over Albany

Spring is around the corner, which should mean nicer flying weather a more frequent basis. Today was one of those days and despite the minor problem we're having with the pilot-side comm button, I decided to go up for a quick flight by doing some laps in the pattern (I used the co-pilot-side comms to do my radio calls!).

Taking N5174E for a couple laps!

After the usual pre-flight/before-takeoff business, I got airborne using Runway 16 as the winds were favoring that direction. In total, I did six laps in the traffic pattern, doing five touch-and-go landings with my sixth landing being a full-stop. For the most part, it was uneventful with the exception on two separate laps where I had to extend my upwind legs for spacing for a DA-20 Katana and a Piper Cherokee that entered the pattern.

After calling it quits, I topped off the fuel tanks at the self-serve pumps before returning to the hangar, where my uncle met up with me; we previously agreed upon a time to take a look at and troubleshoot the pilot-side mic button for the radio, where we eventually determined that we should probably get the thing replaced, which hopefully will be soon! We went our separate ways after that.

No comments: