About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Gallery Update: Skyhawk Glamour Shots in Pacific City!

Yesterday, my uncle took the 172 I've been flying for an outing to the coast with his family. However, on what was supposed to be the return leg of the trip, he had some engine troubles on the ground during run-ups and could not resolve it. Consequently, he had to leave the plane at Pacific City overnight and I ended up driving up to pick him and his family up and brought them back to Salem. Luckily, a kind gentleman based in Pacific City offered my uncle a hangar to keep his plane overnight in, allowing us to return to Pacific City this morning to work on the plane, as the fix was supposedly simple. And thankfully, it was an easy fix with simple replacement of some sparkplugs! After buttoning up the airplane, it was ready to return to Albany and we determined that my uncle should fly the plane home and I drive back and meet him there. Before we split up, I told my uncle I would have my camera lens on him so he needed to make his takeoff look good! Plus, I finally got photos of my uncle's Cessna 172 in action/airborne.

Pacific City (PFC) 1

Preview:

Cessna 172N Skyhawk II (N5174E) back-taxiing on 32. My uncle at the controls.

N5174E airborne off 32 for Albany. Needless to say, both my uncle and I were glad the fix was simple and something we could do ourselves and the plane's now back in Albany.

No comments: