About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Saturday, March 30, 2019

Gallery Update: Metro III Sighting in Salem!

Another unusual visitor in Salem for the second day in a row! I noticed on FlightAware that a Fairchild SA-227 Metro III operated by Pak West/Sierra Pacific Airlines landed in Salem earlier in the afternoon. So I decided to head over and see if I could get a look at it since I've never heard of this airline, nor have I seen a member of the Metroliner family in Salem before! Sierra West Airlines operates on-demand air charter flights for passengers, cargo, animals, and time-sensitive medical services and materials throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, as well as the Caribbean with a fleet of Learjets, Falcon 20s, and Metroliners. The airline's cargo flight's are typically operated under the the Pak West Airlines brand with the call-sign "Platinum West."

Salem (SLE) 19

Preview:

Pak West Airlines (d/b/a Sierra West Airlines) Fairchild SA-227BC Metro III (N770TR) parked on the ramp. Arrived earlier this afternoon as PKW746 from Twin Falls. Previously operated in Mexico for AeroLitoral as XA-RWS in the 1990s and then to Merlin Airways as N770ML operating out of the Miami-area during the early-2000s before being re-registered to the current N-number with Pak West/Sierra West Airlines.

No comments: