About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Gallery Update: A Visit to Driggs

I took a day for myself today and made a drive through the eastern Idaho countryside by the Tetons to Driggs and the Driggs-Reed Memorial Airport, which is home to the Teton Aviation Center. This FBO has a well-known cafe, as well as a rotating warbird collection that's open to the public. I made this drive to Driggs to check out the warbirds. Afterwards, I sat at the Warbirds Cafe patio and enjoyed some drinks while plane-spotting!

Teton Aviation Center Warbirds Collection

Driggs (DIJ) 1

Preview:

PZL-Mielec SBLim-2 MiG-15UTI (N515MG) on display; the same MiG-15 that flies in the Mig Fury Fighters air show routine.

Aero L-39C Albatros (N439RS) on display. Previously flew in the Jet Class at the Reno Air Races as Race #9, "Eddie Bird."

PZL-Mielec Lim-5 MiG-17F (NX717MG) on display; the same MiG-17 that flies in the MiG Fury Fighters air show routine.

Naval Aircraft Factory N3N-3 (N112D) on display.

McDonnell Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk (N234LT) on display. I don't think I've ever photographed a trainer variant of the A-4 before!

Teton Aviation Center Cessna 172N Skyhawk II (N8089E) airborne after departing on 22 for a training flight.

No comments: