About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Gallery Update: Chasing a Giant in Portland!

Futbol Club Barcelona from Spain has been in Portland since this past Tuesday evening, and they happened to fly in on an Iberia Airbus A340-600; THAT would've been a great catch had I known about it sooner! The soccer club was in Portland for a few days and they're touring around the country. After making a few inquiries on the web, I found out that they were scheduled to depart Portland today on a charter flight by Atlas Air on one of their 747-400s. Of course, I decided to chase after this one! In addition to my main objective, I managed to photograph a few new sights and notable highlights for me as well on this spotting trip. I kept this spotting trip short and didn't photograph as much compared to a normal spotting trip to PDX because I was fairly busy; good thing too, because the commute to and from Portland was absolutely horrible today! And it was so stinkin' hot outside too!

Portland (PDX) 33

Preview:

United Parcel Service - UPS Airlines Boeing 757-24APF (N419UP) arriving on 28L as UPS2972 from Los Angeles/Ontario. I finally get a good shot of one UPS's 757s!

Arizona Air National Guard General Dynamics F-16DM Fighting Falcon (89-2163) from the 162nd Fighter Wing out of Tuscon, Arizona arriving on 28L following a sortie part of America's Aerospace Control Alert CrossTell 2018 live-fly exercises, which includes practice intercepts. I can't remember the last time I photographed a D-model of the F-16!

Arizona Air National Guard General Dynamics F-16D Fighting Falcon (84-1325) of the 162nd Fighter Wing out of Tuscon, Arizona arriving on 28L following sortie as part of Aerospace Control Alert 2018.

Atlas Air Boeing 747-481 (N322SG) arriving on 28R as GTI8515 from Victorville-Southern California Logistics. Only my third time seeing a 747-400 overall, and my second passenger-version photographed! It's also my first time photographing a variant of the Atlas Air livery and logo!

Chartered by FC Barcelona and scheduled to depart Portland for Los Angeles as GTI8516 with the soccer club later in the day.

Formerly B-LFD with Oasis Hong Kong Airlines. Also formerly operated by Atlas Air on the behalf of SonAir for thrice-weekly services between Houston-Intercontinental and Luanda, Angola for the Angolan national petroleum company Sonangol Group.

Delta Air Lines Airbus A321-211 (N330DX) taxiing for departure as DAL2544 for Minneapolis/St. Paul. My first time photographing a Delta A321!

JetBlue Airways Airbus A320-232 (N606JB) "Idlewild Blue" departing on 28R as JBU1521 for Long Beach.

GTI8515 taxiing on Taxiway A to the Atlantic Aviation FBO.

This is definitely another plane-spotting highlight of the year for me!

Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-76N (N7884G) taxiing for departure to Kansas City as SWA248. Formerly with Kenya Airways.

Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-990 (N302AS) taxiing for departure to San Francisco as ASA400. This airframe is the prototype 737-900, the first ever built!

GTI8515 taxiing onto the FBO ramp.

DAL2544 departing on 28R for Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Two Oregon Air National Guard F-15C Eagles arriving in style as part of Aerospace Control Alert 2018!

Oregon Air National Guard McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle (85-0100) from the local 142nd Fighter Wing arriving on 28L.

Oregon Air National Guard McDonnell Douglas F-15C Eagle (78-0470) of the 142nd Fighter Wing arriving on 28L.

Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-8H4 (N8308K) departing on 28L for Baltimore as SWA347.

Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-8H4 (N8529Z) arriving on 28R from Denver as SWA2109.

No comments: