About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, April 20, 2018

Gallery Update: Unique Sightings at Spanish Fork

In my never-ending quest to photograph some of the more unusual aircraft sightings, I came across a few interesting aircraft (including a type I've never heard of or seen before!) when I went into work today.

Spanish Fork-Springville (SPK) 26

Preview:

Owyhee Air Research Vulcanair P68 Observer 2 (N17ZX) parked on the ramp. This is an Italian-made, twin-engine light transport aircraft. First built by Partenavia as the P.68 and later by Vulcanair for private and business use as well as for both training and transport, the aircraft was designed by Italian engineer Luigi Pascale. Quite a unique visitor for Spanish Fork!

Face-to-face with the P68 Observer 2. P68s with the more transparent nose are typically used for observation and law enforcement, ideal for Owyhee Air Research, an aerial infrared surveying and natural resource data acquisition company based in Murphy, Idaho.

Side-view of the P68 Observer 2.

AirGyro Tercel (N557AT) on short final for 30 working the pattern. Since I last saw this airframe, it has been repainted and given a Fire Rescue look. It seems like AirGyro Aviation is pushing to advertise their gyroplanes for unique roles.

Platinum Aviation Diamond DA-20-C1 Katana Eclipse (N992CT) on short final for 30 working the pattern.

Cessna 170B (N170SB) on short final for 30.

Pilatus PC-12/47E (N358MB) on short final for 30 arriving from St. George. 

No comments: