About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Gallery Update: Spotting Around the Utah Valley

Another busy day for me, but I managed to get some good, quick plane-spotting in around the Utah Valley. I first went into work for a few hours, then left to tend to some personal business before returning to Spanish Fork finish out the work day. On my way back to Spanish Fork, I stopped by the dike road by Provo Airport to chase a Beechcraft 99 flying in all the way from Canada. After doing some research, I discovered that this Beechcraft 99 is registered to Orca Airways, a small charter/commuter airline based in Vancouver, British Columbia. And better yet, this Beechcraft 99 was still in passenger configuration, a rare sight considering that most of these iconic commuter turboprops still in service have since been converted for flying cargo! The aircraft was flying in from Calgary, with a stopover in Kalispell, Montana to clear customs, and will most likely be converted for cargo use for Alpine Air.

Spanish Fork-Springville (SPK) 22

Provo (PVU) 55

Preview:

Cessna 560XL Citation Excel (N560JF) taxiing for departure out of Spanish Fork.

N560JF beginning takeoff roll on 30.

Czech Sport Aircraft (CSA) SportCruiser (N485SC) on short final for 13 at Provo for a touch-and-go after coming down from Bountiful.

Orca Airways Beechcraft 99A Airliner (C-FVCE) on final for 13 arriving from Calgary/Springbank via Kalispell, where they cleared customs. The aircraft taxied over to the Alpine Air ramp, so I suspect this aircraft will either receive maintenance there or will get converted into a freighter. 

First delivered to Henson Airlines (d/b/a Allegheny Commuter) as N296HA before heading up to Canada with its current tail-code. Flew for North-Wright Airways, Integra Air, and Orca Airways.

Given the most Beech 99s are flying around as freighters, it's quite rare to see windows on one of these passenger-configured commuter airliners. This was my first time seeing such a version of the iconic Beech 99!

Guardian Flight Beechcraft C90A King Air (N770VF) on short final for 13 after executing a missed-approach earlier.

No comments: