About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Pilot Life: Pattern Work on My Birthday.

After doing a couple sessions of ground work with my instructor last week in preparation for an end-of-course stage check and eventual checkride, I got back in the cockpit and flew the pattern to keep myself sharp. Plus, today was my birthday and I figured I should do something I love, namely flying! As always, a pre-flight check was in order before I towed the airplane out of the hangar (I can use the tow tug Platinum Aviation has now!). I hopped in, got the engine started up, did the usual run-up procedures in the run-up area, taxied to the runway, and took off.

Back flying in 802CT!

I just stayed in the Spanish Fork pattern today to practice up on my takeoffs and landings, which consisted of short-field and soft-field techniques, touch-and-goes and stop-and-goes; I'm planning on going out to practice maneuvers later this week. As usual, I felt pretty comfortable in the plane and I felt good with my techniques that I've learned throughout flight training. Most of my landings were pretty good too. And of course, I executed a go-around if I didn't feel right about my landings, which occurred twice in today's flight. All in all, it was a simple flight to keep my skills sharp.

No comments: