About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Gallery Update: Spotting from Salt Lake to Sacramento

I needed to return home to Oregon for personal business, so I ended up flying commercial. Of course, that meant some plane-spotting on the go! My trip started in Salt Lake City, with a three-hour layover in Sacramento California before arriving in Portland. Because of the flight schedule, I would be arriving in Portland well after sunset so no spotting took place there on this trip. I did however, get some shots at both Salt Lake City and Sacramento as well en route. Here are the links:

Salt Lake City (SLC) 6

Sacramento (SMF) 1

Commercial Air Travel 10/25/2017

Preview:

Salt Lake City


Frontier Airlines Airbus A319-112 (N951FR) "Benny the Brown Bear" parked at A2. Arrived from Atlanta as FFT1561 and would return to Atlanta as FFT1560.

JetBlue Airways Airbus A320-232 (N569JB) "Blues Brothers" parked at A4. Arrived from Long Beach as JBU1632 and scheduled to return to Long Beach as JBU1631. Airframe formerly sported the airline's 10th anniversary special liver, which was painted over earlier this year.

Sacramento


Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-76N (N7727A) taxiing for departure as SWA1511 for Santa Ana. I flew in this plane into Sacramento from Salt Lake City as SWA5021.


Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-79P (N7857B) taxiing for departure as SWA4970 for Las Vegas. Airframe formerly with China Eastern Airlines as B-5094.


Air Transport International-ATI (d/b/a Amazon Prime Air) Boeing 767-319/ER/BDSF (N347AZ) parked on the cargo ramp. Arrived from Dallas-Fort Worth as ATN3784 and later scheduled to depart for Tampa as ATN3783. I was absolutely thrilled to see one of these in Sacramento! The new cargo carrier brand was founded just a year ago by parent company Amazon.com. Amazon contracts Air Transport International, ABX Air, and Atlas Air to fly for them.  


Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-7H4 (N203WN) having just arrived from Long Beach as SWA279 and the same flight and aircraft I would fly home to Portland on.

No comments: