About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Monday, October 16, 2017

Pilot Life: Another Practice Flight Solo

It was another great day to get some flying in and I figured I might as well since I'm interested in staying sharp with the skills I've worked to get back. I am in the process of getting ready for the end-of-course stage check (a checkride before THE checkride, you might say!), which I will be doing with a senior flight instructor soon, hence the need to stay sharp. As always, I got through pre-flight of the airplane following my arrival at the airport.

I haven't flown in N992CT in a while... To the keen observer, yes the flaps are extended all the way; I snapped this photo right after I completed the pre-flight inspection. I was taught to pre-flight the Katana with the flaps extended because it makes it easier to inspect the linkage and hinges that attach the flaps to the wings.

After completing the pre-flight inspection, I hopped in the plane, I got the engine started up, taxied a short ways, did run-ups, taxied some more, lined up on the runway and I got airborne. I turned to the south and practiced all the maneuvers I've been taught, as I know that I can be asked to perform any number of them during the stage check and checkride.

After spending some time doing all the maneuvers required for a private pilots license, I headed back to the airport and practiced all my landing techniques. I logged four total landings on today's flight before I called it quits and taxied back to the ramp to shut the engine down.

Slowly but surely, I'll get it done...

No comments: