About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Gallery Update: Chasing Sun Country Airlines in Provo

We are in the middle of college football season and that of course means there are charter flights roaming around taking football teams around! I missed several charter flights for BYU a month ago when they went out to New Orleans to play against Louisiana State University. Since then, it's been mostly local or in-state for BYU football (not that they're having a great season anyways!) so there hasn't been any charter flights. Today, the Boise State University Broncos football team flew into Provo on a Sun Country Airlines 737-800 and of course, I had to chase it down!

Provo (PVU) 43

Preview:

Cessna 525C Citation CJ4 (N460RG) on short final for 13.

Sun Country Airlines Boeing 737-8FH (N820SY) "Lake Minnetonka" on short final for 13 arriving from Boise as SCX8687 with the Boise State football team on board.

Note the name "Lake Minnetonka" adorned on the aircraft's nose; in April of this year, the airline announced that all their planes were going to be named after a different Minnesota lake in the hopes of endearing itself to its customers and that it promotes the state to people in other markets. As a Minnesota-based carrier, this a good way to show pride for the company's home state!

This was my first time catching a Sun Country 737 sporting split-scimitar winglets.

No comments: