About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Friday, April 21, 2017

Pilot Life: Polishing Up My Landings at the Nest

I'm trying to renew and earn myself an endorsement from my flight instructor so I could go fly some solo cross-country flights. My only area of weakness are my landing techniques. Even though I've been flying consistently all this month, certain flight conditions (mainly weather and winds) have presented me with more challenging landing situations, and that's a whole another set of things I'm trying to get reacquainted with and get used to. I will be honest: I'm starting to feel a little frustrated with myself with regards to what I'm perceiving as a lack of progress. I feel like I should know these things but for some reason, they're just not clicking with me during the actual flying. With the semester quickly coming to a close, it really is crunch time to get everything I need to get done safely and within a reasonable amount of time.

We flew in N221NH ("Wolf 04") again to practice pattern work in Provo. Most of the school's DA-20 fleet is offline and down for inspections, leaving only a limited number of aircraft available. 

After doing the pre-flight and meeting with my instructor, we hopped in and got ready to get some air. We got airborne and got in seven laps in the traffic pattern, practicing everything I've been taught previously including some crosswind landings. We got in just under an hour of flight time today.

No comments: