About This Blog:

The primary purpose of this blog is to showcase the best of my aviation photography. As such, you will find links to my main aviation gallery on Facebook containing photos from aircraft spotting, some kind of aviation event such as air shows and fly-in events, as well as aviation museums. I also critique my flights on commercial airlines and the services they provide. Occassionally, you'll find personally written, independent articles based on news and current events involving aviation. And of course, I'll put up links to official and unofficial aviation-related websites when I find them. And when time permits, I'll talk and discuss about anything involving aviation. But most importantly, this is my way to document my journey into the aviation industry!

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Gallery Update: Chasing a Fairchild-Dornier 328JET in Provo

This morning, I noticed on FlightAware.com that a Key Lime Air Dornier 328JET was en route to Provo. So I made my way to the airport and my favorite dike road spotting location in order to catch it. In the end, I got one of the best angles I could ask for in photographing one of these rare jets since I last saw one about a year ago! In addition to the 328JET, I got a great shot of a Learjet 60 that arrived soon after. Here's the link:

Provo (PVU) 31

Preview:

Key Lime Air (d/b/a Denver Air Connection) Fairchild-Dornier 328-300 328JET (N259DS) on short final for 13 as LYM563 from Denver-Centennial. Later scheduled to continue on to Central Nebraska Regional in Grand Island, Nebraska. 

This 328JET was first delivered in 2002 to the now-defunct Atlantic Coast Airlines as N500FJ doing business as Delta Connection. It was then briefly transferred to the now-defunct Independence Air in 2004 when Atlantic Coast Airlines re-branded. The airframe was then re-registered in 2005 as D-BEOL and flew privately in Germany. In 2006, it was re-registered as N328PA and operated for Private Air Charters. In 2010, it was re-registered in Mexico as XC-LLS and flew for Procuraduría General de la República. In 2010, this 328JET was re-registered as N901SJ and flew for Comtran International. Key Lime Air acquired the airframe in 2015 and re-registered it to the current N-number. 

I gotta say, I love this angle and I really love this green livery! Not only that, but I finally got a good shot of a 328JET close-up while airborne! And this isn't a loud jet either; I was quite surprised as to how quiet this jet was!

Learjet 60 (N269JH) on short final for 13, arriving from Washington-Dulles. 

No comments: